Thursday 11 December 2014

Multitasking on a few projects

Jacket knitting

I mentioned that I was disappointed with the blue sweater and that I had decided to remove the yarn for another new jacket pattern from Garnstudio. At the moment, I have completed the back and left front pieces. This pattern recommends using size 8 needle which I do not have. With my existing size 7 needle, I knitted a gauge swatch and concluded that I should upgrade my size to M with size 7 needle. As for lengthwise, I will just stick to the indications for size S. It turns out to be fine.


Left front piece and back piece

Double moss stitches

Mini snowman ornament

In addition, I have added a new member to my humble Christmas tree - My mini snowman. I enjoyed the process of crocheting this tiny little thing. This is a free crochet pattern from Grietjekarwietje. I kind of like my snowman except for its nose. I think it is a little too big. :(

Mini snowman with a funny nose


Crochet Heart Bunting

Since my little daughter is turning 2 in less than 2 months' time, I thought of putting up some decorations 
 her birthday. I googled around and found this cute heart bunting tutorial from HappyBerry Crochet. I love her tutorials as she is quite clear in explaining the steps. 


Many more hearts to come


Nowadays, I face the challenge of dealing with Milena's tantrums. Needless to say, she is obviously entering the terrible twos stage. I started preparing this mega-size butternut squash curry a few hours before dinner, which I think is quite delicious. 



The moment she sat down for dinner, she started throwing tantrums and demanded for breast-milk. Her father punished her by putting her in the hallway a few times. This did not stop her from crying. In the end, she skipped dinner and was not allowed to have her dessert. During shower time, she started another episode of outburst again. She refused to go in to the shower with her father and kept clinging on to me. If only I could understand why she can suddenly get so upset. 

I shall stop here for now. I am tired but let me continue with my knitting before I go to bed :)



3 comments :

  1. Totally understand how it feels when milly throw tantrums. Really can be quite......

    The snowman really cute! Maybe can make the nose just a circle?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no..i accidentally pulled off the nose of mr snowman :( got to make a new nose

    ReplyDelete